Recount Text Example with Answer
Direction: answer the following questions correctly by choosing A, B, C, or D.
The following text is for question number 1 to 3.
Yesterday, my family and I want to the zoo, to see the elephants and other animals. We went by car and left hose at 7 a.m. It look about one and half hours to get to the zoo.
When we got to the zoo, we went directly to the pet shop to buy some animal food. We spent fifteen thousand rupiahs on the food. After getting the food, we first visited the nocturnal house where birds and reptiles-which only come out at night were displayed. It was really interesting. After that we went for a ride on an elephant. It was a thrill! My dad nearly fell off when he let go of the rope.
At 12.15 p.m., my mom and my sister prepared the lunch. We ate our lunch under a big tree near the elephant area. After lunch, we went to the bird park. We fed some of the birds inside the park. hen we returned home we were tired but happy because we had so much fun.
1. The text above tells us about …
- animals in the zoo
- finding an elephant
- feeding the bird
- a trip to the zoo
2. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
- The family went to the zoo.
- They bought food in the zoo.
- The trip to the zoo took one hour.
- They left their house late afternoon.
3. Where did the writer go right after arriving at the zoo?
- Pet shop
- Bird park
- Elephant area
- Nocturnal house
Last weekend. I visited my pen pars house. His Name is Anto. There were may activities I did there. In the morning, Anto and I had breakfast. We had traditional food. I liked it very much.
After breakfast, he look me to the garden behind his house. The garden was very big and beautiful. There is a big bird cage in the garden. There were many kinds of birds in that cage. I spent a long time feeding the birds. I also took picture eight those beautiful birds.
After visiting the bird cage, Anto and I went to the flower garden not far from his house. We took a rest and had lunch under a big tree and watch butterflies flying above colorful flowers. In the afternoon, we swam in the pool in the backyard. It was so fun. I really enjoyed my time with Anto.
4. The text above tells us about ….
- a holiday at a friend’s place
- a picture of bird
- a big bird cage
- a big garden
5. What is the last paragraph about?
- Anto had butterflies as his pet.
- The writer’s friend is a good swimmer.
- There are a lot of flowers in Anto’s house.
- The writer had a good time with his friend.
6. Where did the writer spend his afternoon?
- Under a tree
- Inside big bird cage
- In the flower garden
- In the swimming pool
7. From the text, we know that the writer …
- Had gone and visited many places during his holiday.
- Lived in the same village with his pen pal, Anto.
- Liked butterflies and swimming very much.
- Spent his holiday at a friend’s house.
The following text is for question number 8 to 11.
Last Holiday, my schoolmates and I had a trip to Bali. We travelled there by has from Surabaya. It was a study tour program for grade eight students. We left school for Bali on Monday, November 24th, 2014 at 4 p.m.
On our way to Bali, we passed several cities in East Java such as Sidoarjo, Pasuruan, Probolinggo, Jember, Situbondo and Banyuwangi. It was very interesting trip. We enjoyed the view along the road.
We arrived at Ketapang, the harbour of Banyuwangi, at about 6.30 in the next morning. We went on to the ferry to get onto Bali after a long queue of the vehicles. We enjoyed the view of the Bali strait. A few minutes before arriving at Gilimanuk, the harbor of Bali, we got surprised. There were many boys climbing up the ferry. Then, suddenly they jumped into the water. They dived to get the coins thrown by the passengers of the ferry. The water was very clear. It made the coin visible. They were really good divers.
It was my first experience travelling by sea transportation. In my opinion it was very exciting.
8. What is the purpose of the text above?
- To retell a past activity
- To inform about the view of the road
- To describe Bali
- To tell about Gilimanuk harbor
9. What does the first paragraph talk about?
- The writer and his schoolmates arrived in Bali.
- The writer and his schoolmates went to Bali by bus.
- The time when the writer and his schoolmates had study tour.
- The journey to Bali.
10. What did they enjoy along the journey?
- Big cities
- The view along the road
- Good divers
- The view of the sea
11. The word harbor has the same meaning with …
12. They passed some cities in East Java on their way to Bali, except ….
The following text is for question number 13 to 15.
Last month, my family and I attended Grandpa’s funeral. It was my first time to go to such a ceremony. It (13) … one day to finish the ceremony. In this ceremony we wore black (14) … Before the ceremony began, the deceased was placed in a sandal wood coffin. Then, many processions followed. The funeral ceremonies made me and my family tired. However, we were grateful because it ran (15) …
The following text is for question number 16 to 18.
On Saturday night, the student of SMPN 12 (16) … on a nearby hill. They chose a flat land to set up a (17) … It was on the bank of a waterfall. They were happy. They worked (18) … Some of them cooked food, some of them swept the place and prepared the fire wood.
The following text is for question number 19 to 21.
Last summer i went to a nearby college as part of a school program. I (19) … classes in Chemistry and English. The classes were harder than my High School classes, but I worked hard and did them well. The students in my program stayed in the same (20) … Time passes so (21) … when you enjoy your time Suddenly summer is over and I have to return home.
- sport hall
- school yard
The following text is for question number 22 to 26.
Last lebaran, my family and I went hometown. We decided to take a train because it is more comfortable.
We left our house at about 5 o’clock in the morning. We took a taxi to the railway station. We arrived at the station at six. Our train would leave at 6.40. But without prior information, our train was late for about fifteen minutes, so we had to wait a bit longer.
Finally our train came. All of us rushed to get on the train. We took the carriage number three according to our tickets. After finding out seats we could sit comfortably. It took about 5 to 7 hours to get to our hometown. We really enjoyed our journey.
22. What is the purpose of the text above?
- To inform readers about a train service
- To persuade readers to use train
- To describe the way to go to the railway station
- To retell the writer’s experience in the last Lebaran
23. Why did the writer and his family take train to their destination?
- Because it is more expensive than going by bus
- Because going by train is faster than going by plane
- Because it is more comfortable
- Because their house is close to the railway station
24. What time did the train came?
25. How long did it take from their house to the railway station?
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- One hour
26. All of us rushed to get in … The underlined word has similar meaning to
The following text is for question number 27 to 30.
I am used to travelling by air but only on one occasion I felt frightened. After taking off, we flew low over the city. It slowly went high to the sky.
But, suddenly it turned round and flew back to the airport. An air-hostess told us to keep calm and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it landed. After we landed, the police searched the plane carefully. Everybody on board was worried and we grew curious about what was happening.
Later we learnt that there was a very important person on board. Earlier somebody told the police that there was a bomb on the plane. Fortunately, they didn’t find a bomb and five hours later we were able to take off again.
27. Who searched the plane carefully?
- The pilot
- The police
- The air-hostesses
- The passengers
28. Why did the plane fly back to the airport?
- The pilot was afraid of bombs.
- The pilot forgot about something.
- The passengers were frightened.
- Police suspected that there was a bomb on the plane.
29. What is the main idea of paragraph three?
- The writer felt frightened.
- The police searched the plane carefully.
- Somebody said that there was a bomb on the plane.
- There was a very important person on board.
30. … I felt frightened. The underlined word has the same meaning with …